With every type of abortion procedure comes serious health risks. It’s important to weigh your pregnancy options with these risks in mind and understand how the abortion pill works. We know how overwhelming the emotions of an unplanned pregnancy can feel – and you are not alone. Be informed about the abortion pill today so feel confident about your decision.
Is the Abortion Pill Safe?
The abortion pill – also known as medication abortion – comes with its risks and every woman’s body reacts differently to the drugs. The abortion pill involves taking two different drugs to terminate a pregnancy: Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
The first drug, Mifepristone, blocks the womb from absorbing progesterone and prevents the embryo from implanting or growing in the uterus. Then, Misoprostol is taken to cause the uterus to contract and expel the pregnancy. Medication abortion is only for women 10 weeks pregnant or earlier.
Medication Abortion (the abortion pill) Risks include…
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- Digestive system discomfort
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
Ordering the Abortion Pill Online
The FDA has set regulations for ordering the abortion pill online as safeguards for women’s health. The decision is still yours to make. There are many things that could go wrong when ordering the abortion pill online, including…
- Unverified chemicals in the abortion pills
- A lack of a pre-abortion screening process ( putting your health in danger)
- Unverified dosage (could lead to an incomplete abortion and life-threatening effects)
- Unlisted risks/side effects as many are overseas and fail to meet FDA guidelines
How do I know if I Qualify?
If you are still considering the abortion pill, you will first need to know if you qualify for abortion by understanding your pregnancy details. Receive free and confidential pregnancy testing to confirm your pregnancy, Then, get a free ultrasound to know how far along you are and learn if you have a viable, healthy pregnancy.
Schedule an appointment today to talk about abortion, learn all your options, and confirm your pregnancy.